Evanston North/Shore Branch NAACP #3015
An Official Complete Count Census Partner
Mark Your Calendar: Important 2020 Census Dates
- March 12-20: Initial invitation to respond online and by phone will be delivered by the U. S. Postal service. Areas that are less likely to respond online will receive a paper questionnaire along with the invitation to respond online or over the phone.
- March 16-24: Reminder Letters will be delivered
- March 26-April 3: Reminder postcards will be delivered to households that have not responded.
- April 8-16: Reminder letters and paper questionnaires will be delivered to remaining households that have not responded.
- April 20-27: Final reminder postcard will be delivered to households before census taker follow up in person.
- May 13-31: If a household does not respond to any of the invitations, a census taker will follow up in person.
- Display US census posters prominently at your location
- Display flyers prominently at your location
- Post census information on organizations bulletin, newsletter, website, facebook page or link to US census page
- Enlist the Evanston NAACP to host a census workshop
- Enlist a representative of the Evanston NAACP to speak briefly to your organization
- Contact your local school boards and individual principals to encourage them to use the 2020 census curriculum provided by the U.S. Census